Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Why, Hello there!

For the past few weeks I've been searching for a new life for this space. It was once the busy home of my musing on the life of a freelance musician, biting the edge of a career as a conductor, an organist and a chorister.

I'm still not sure how to resurrect the old blog, and it will take some time to figure that out. However, in the mean time, here are some updates:

This year, I am continuing work as organist and director of music of a thriving Anglican parish - now entering my 15th year there (hard to believe), and I'm also entering year eight as conductor of a community chamber choir. I'm still on sessional staff at a local private university college, where I teach musicology. Added to my portfolio at the university college this year is the job of conducting the concert choir during a leave of the incumbent. So far, this choir has brought me great joy - exceeding all early expectations. I'm really looking forward to the year I have with them.

The newest job of my life though, which I started last spring, on March 14th to be exact, was the job of being a Dad. After six months into the job, I'm still not exactly sure what it is I am doing, or what to expect next. Every day is a new adventure, and every day I love my daughter more. I think of all the jobs I have - this one is surely my favourite. 

No comments: