The concert will feature:
- Kyrie from Missa Brevis in F: BWV 228
- Weihnachts-Oratorium Part V: BWV 248 Am Sonntag nach Neujahr (Cantata for the Sunday after New Year)
- Motet: Der Geist hilft unser Schwachheit auf: BWV 226
- Motet: Fürchte dich nicht, ich bin bei dir: BWV 228
- Motet: Singet dem Herrn ein neues Lied: BWV 225
We were offered a nice spot in today's Edmonton Journal previewing the concert, and I'm hopeful that the place will sell out.
I've put the poster here below for your interest, and if you are in the Edmonton area this weekend, I highly recommend you check us out!
(Click to enlarge)
I'll post again about the trials of mounting a concert such as this in a city where it is difficult to find period instruments, and players who can play them (and the fun with transposing organ continuo parts, as we don't have a 415 organ at my church ... yet)