Thursday, April 17, 2008

Week one comes to a close

So far, it's been a great week here in Ottawa. The first full week of adjudicating is coming to a close tomorrow, and so far it's been pretty light. I've adjudicated all the choral classes this week, everything from junior choirs, through church choirs, through high school choirs and even small ensembles. Without going into too much detail, I've heard some GREAT choirs, particularly from the two art schools (one French and one English).

Tomorrow I'm adjudicating the pipe organ classes. I'm looking forward to it, but maybe slightly apprehensive. Organ was my first major, and I still play quite a bit, but I haven't been solely involved in organ playing for almost ten years now. To top it off, BOTH of my teachers from when I was living in Ottawa will be there tomorrow, and I'll likely be adjudicating their students. That's some pressure!

After that though, I get the rest of the day off, where I'll be going to this concert, and I'm really looking forward to it. Then the weekend off, and then six straight days of A LOT of junior piano classes to adjudicate!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very very jealous of that concert, by the way...

Anonymous said...

Never mind, we got to hear Zubin Mehta...

Anonymous said...

That's true; we did. In Florence, no less.