Sunday, April 13, 2008

Homeward Bound

After an extremely successful concert last night with the ESO and RES, in a program listed in this post I awoke at 3:45 am, had my caring, loving, and understanding wife drive me to the airport for a journey that had me changing planes in Winnipeg, and finally arriving in Ottawa for my two week stint adjudicating at the Kiwanis Music Festival, outlined in this post.

After a quick visit with my sister and her family, I arrived at my suite hotel, which is absolutely lovely, watched some Masters coverage, had a really deep afternoon nap, went to the adjudicators wine and cheese (which I would have missed completely if it weren't for a wake up call), and am now getting ready for an early night, as I start adjudicating choral classes tomorrow afternoon. I'm excited for the morning because my eldest niece is competing in a junior vocal class, and I finally get to hear her sing!

It should be an interesting week, especially as it is the festival where I grew up. I'll update my experiences in the adjudicator's trenches as the week goes on.

No comments: