Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Wedding Thriller Pt III

After my last post, this is what has transpired:

Mostly nothing.

Sitting around, waiting - waiting - film for 5 seconds, then waiting waiting. A lot of eating, and more waiting.

Then after 8 hours on set, having done basically nothing - the director (John Landis - of "An American Werewolf in London", "Animal house", and "Blues Brother's" fame) said

"I need a shot of the organist!"

So for nearly 1/2 hour, I was the centre of attention. First they wanted me to show the organ by playing the ubiquitous Toccata and Fugue in D minor (just the opening), a few hockey arena licks, and one request for the Moonlight Sonata.

Afterwards, they wanted something 'Wedding like" so I playing "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" and the director decided that was going to be the one. However, just to clarify, they only wanted my hands, the music would be canned from somewhere else - go figure - after all my posts on lip-syncing, there I am just a prop, showing my hands to whatever recording they find in the public domain. I also had to do a bit of acting! I had to walk to the console, lift the lid, pull some stops and then start playing.

Apparently, I just found out, I'm still on stand by in case they need be for background continuity.

However, this will be the end of the live blog on my experiences in the TV and film industry.

I'll follow up with a post when I hear of the release date

post viewing party to follow.

No comments: