Friday, November 16, 2007

Cats, Crackers and Cheese

It is the eve before my parents arrive from the east, and my lovely wife and I are madly cleaning house, making the spare room ready, drinking Australian Shiraz, and training the cats not to jump up on people. Well, the last one is going to be a loss cause. My mother isn't a big fan of anything that isn't bipedal - especially if most of their mass is covered in hair, and especially if they are stupid. Which describes both of our cats. We do love them dearly however - not to worry.

Plans for the weekend include a reception in honour of my graduation tomorrow night at a dear friends house. I'm not a huge fan of this kind of attention. ... Oh, hogwash - I love it, every minute of it - and I can't wait to share it all with my parents. I am a conductor after all, there needs to be some little tiny thread of self-right-ee-ousness, egotistical "LOOK AT ME" attitude, or I probably wouldn't be where I am today. However, the shy and quiet side is also evident at times - hence the anonymity of this blog. Anyhow, beautiful wife is right now in the kitchen putting together massive trays of veggies, crackers, and various sorts of cheese in preparation for tomorrow night.

Aside from the party tomorrow, and convocation on Thursday - everything continues on at the same rate of speed - which is somewhere between a brisk walk and a gentle gallop. I have a rehearsal with a whole pile of brass instruments and organ tomorrow afternoon, in preparation for a dress rehearsal on Monday, and concert on Thursday evening. Parents leave again on Friday midday - I'm predicting the week will fly by - but with much joy.

One of three potential job applications is now in the mail. The other two will be prepared after Christmas. Not holding much hope for any of them, but that's OK. The joy is - I love everything that I am doing - so if something comes along - it's going to have to be a good one!

1 comment:

Annie's Mom said...

I have cheese in my hair.