Saturday, December 26, 2009

On the second day of Christmas ...

and I stayed in my PJs all day and watched all 26 episodes of season five of "The Office".

Tomorrow, we have the farewell church service and party of the rector of my parish - in which there will be much emotion and celebration. Those who know me, and know of the family connection will understand the emotional aspect. We will have a seven month interim priest-in-charge before the new incumbent beings. And although there is understandably a bit of trepidation in this whole process, I have full confidence in the selection committee, and am looking forward to the beginning of a new chapter in the history of the parish. If it's anything like the last chapter - it will continue to remain one of the most fantastic places to work.

On Monday - my wife and I head to Jasper for a three day trip, and the itinerary will be very stressful. Hours and hours of sitting in the outdoor pool, playing cribbage in the lodge, possibly skating on the lake, and definitely eating good food - something we haven't been lacking in the last week or so.

Needless to say - you probably won't hear from me for the next week or so.

Hope your Christmas holidays brings you the rest that you need to start 2010 with a renewed energy!

No comments: