Friday, October 30, 2009

Da Camera Concert and CD Release


If you are in the Edmonton Area - you might be interested in attending Da Camera's first concert of the season.

It is called "Bach and Mendelssohn" and features works by ... well, I'll let you guess.

Date: Sunday, November 1st at 3 PM
Place: First Baptist Church, Edmonton.

The Featured works on the program are Bach's motet "Jesu Meine Freude" and Mendelssohn's "Hear My Prayer" for Soprano soloist, organ and chorus. It should be great! Dress rehearsal is tonight

By the way - I've been using Google Calendar as my chief calendar for a while now - and I put the calendar at the bottom of my blog as a widget, for no other reason than just because I can! However, it does include all my concert dates (as well as dentist appointments?) which some of my family who read this may find interesting.

At the concert this weekend, we will be releasing our latest CD entitled "Eulogies" - which contains the first ever recording of John Estacio's monumental choral work of the same name, as well as Eleanor Daley's award winning "Requiem". The CD also includes two commissioned works by Canadian composers, and without tooting my horn too much, I'm awfully proud of this recording!


(Click to enlarge)

If you are interested in getting a copy for yourself, the price is $20 CDN, and you can email info@dacamera.ab.ca for more information. Right now, only "Hard" copies of the CD are available, we are looking into iTunes, but it will be some time before we go that route, as we would like to sell as many copies of the CD as possible first. We are still working out domestic and international shipping issues, as well as the possibility of online ordering through PayPal, but for now just email the choir and we'll figure out shipping details on a case by case basis.

Audio clips of the CD will soon be available on our webpage.

No comments: